How to Download WhatsApp Stories on Android?
There are multiple tips and tricks on how to download WhatsApp stories on android. We have gone through all of them so that you don’t have to. In this article, you shall find multiple easy methods to download both images and videos from WhatsApp status.
Method-1: Access Saved WhatsApp Stories via File Explorer
Every time you view someone’s WhatsApp stories, the image or video file is automatically saved in your phone storage so that you can view it again for the next 24 hours even without the internet. So by using a file explorer that allows you to view hidden files, you can copy these media files in any other folder. For this article, we shall be using the ES file explorer.
- Step-1: Launch WhatsApp and view the stories of your contacts. This will ensure all the media gets successfully saved in your internal storage.
- Step-2: Open ES File Explorer and enable Show hidden files.
- Step-3: Navigate to WhatsApp/Media/.Statuses which is a hidden folder and you will find multiple media files inside.
- Step-4: These are the saved WhatsApp Stories of all your contacts and include both images and videos.
- Step-5: You can copy these files into a separate folder on your Android device. Once that is done, you will be able to view them in your phone’s gallery app.
Method-2: Use Third-Party Apps for Downloading WhatsApp Stories
The method mentioned previously works very well but can be hectic for some users. For this reason, you can use a third-party app that does the whole process for you. This makes it easier for you. We have tried many such apps and found the best one to be Status Story Saver for Whatsapp Free app.
- Step-1: Launch the app and allow all the required permissions.
- Step-2: Go into either the Images or the Videos tab to open whatever media you want to save
- Step-3: Once The image is opened, tap on the + icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Step-4: Finally, select the Save option. This will download the selected story in the internal storage.
Method-3: Download WhatsApp Stories via WhatsApp Mod
There are quite a few modded versions of WhatsApp like FMWhatsapp, GBWhatsApp, YoWhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus, etc. they have several extra options and features. Most of them can also save and download WhatsApp status. We will be using GBWhatsApp for this tutorial.
- Step-1: Launch the modded version of WhatsApp
- Step-2: Then, view the status of whatever contact that you want to download.
- Step-3: Tap on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of your screen while viewing the status and select Download.
- Step-4: Doing so will successfully save the story in your internal storage, and you can then view it in your gallery app.